The Amboseli Conservation Program was founded in 1967 to conserve Amboseli’s wildlife and its ecosystem to the benefit of its people. ACP is dedicated to the betterment of conservation based on the following goals:
- Conduct research on African ecosystems;
- Develop tools for identifying the threats to biodiversity;
- Develop conservation policies and practices that benefit local communities;
- Build local and national consensus and capacity for conservation;
- Promote sound environmental governance and practices; and
- Forge national and international collaboration for conserving biodiversity.
A note to our viewers: we are launching the Amboseli Conservation website before it is fully developed in order to draw attention to the extreme 2009 drought in Kenya and its devastating impact on Amboseli. Thank you for visiting, and please continue visiting as the site grows into a hub of information on the ecology and conservation of Amboseli.